Tuesday 29 May 2012

Mum... I've got Food Tech TOMORROW!!!!

Number 3 Daughter (of 5) is now at secondary school, she started last September. She seems to be enjoying it & her grades are very good... This term is her turn to do Food Technology. They split the lessons between the classes per terms. She seemed quite excited about doing it but I am at a loss as to why they are NOT actually COOKING...


So far they have had to take Citrus Fruit in to "Make some Juice".. Now Boo comes into me TONIGHT & tells me that she need Fruit to make a Fruit Cocktail.. TOMORROW! Oh & that they have to take a cake into school on Thursday with Icing, Sprinkles etc, to decorate it for the Jubilee. This is another thing that has wound me up... WHY do they have to take in an 8" cake, Icings, Sprinkles & other bits to decorate a cake that WE, as in US at home, are NOT going to eat???



When I started Secondary school & had Food Tech, we had to COOK loads of things, It was fun, the prepping, the measuring, getting in a mess while putting it all together & smelling it as it cooked.. I made a Cottage Pie, Corned Beef Hash & a few other things in my first year... NEVER did I have to just CUT UP Fruit. I would often go home after a lesson, with my parents waiting for their dinner & having an empty tub as most of the people in the class had ate my food... (The most memorable dish was my Spag Bol, which the WHOLE class ate, even the teacher)



I was talking to my Mum about this & the fact that Boo ALWAYS leaves it until the night before to tell me that she needs the things to make her dish.. But apparently, My Sister was exactly the same, Thinking back I remember her doing it. It used to make me laugh.. I had always knew that Boo was like my Sister but this is getting silly now...

I know I am not alone in this & that there are more Mums & Dads out there that have kids that leave it until the last minute too.. So I put it to you, How do you do it, How do you find the ingredients at the last minute? Do you magic them out of thin air or pull them out from your arse??? Ha ha ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment